Daily Current Affairs 8th April 2020
1) On April 5, 2020, the Government of India constituted an empowered group that will coordinate with NGOs, private sector and international organizations for COVID-19 related response activities. Who is chairman of this group?
Ans:- Amitabh Kant
2) Which body develops face protection mask for health care professionals handling COVID-19 patients?
Ans:- DRDO's RCI
3) India is seeking as much as $6 billion of loans from multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank to fight the coronavirus outbreak. Where is the headquarters of ADB?
4) Which state's CM has been conferred with the 'Hero to Animals Award' by animal rights body PETA ?
5) The Olympic Council of Asia announced that the third Asian Youth Games is to be held in which of the following country in November 2021?
6) What is the name of low-cost energy efficient ventilator made by the Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala?
7) When was the Army Medical Corps Raising Day was celebrated ?
Ans:- April 3, 2020
8) The Indian Council of Medical Research approved the use of which of the following machines for conducting COVID-19 tests?
Ans:- Tuberculosis machine
9) IIT Hyderabad incubated startup Aerobiosys Innovations develops low-cost ventilator. What is the name of Ventilator?
Ans:- Jeevan Lite
10) Which state government recently launched "Mo Prativa" programme in collaboration with UNICEF (United Nations Children's Funds)?
11) World Health Day is celebrated on which days?
Ans:- April 7
12) The Uttar Pradesh government has said that six persons associated with the Tablighi Jamaat who have been accused of misbehaving with women staff at the district hospital in Ghaziabad will be charged under the NSA 1980. What is full form of S in NSA?
13) Which body develops full-body disinfection chamber called 'Personnel Sanitization Enclosure' for healthcare workers dealing with coronavirus cases?
Ans:- DRDO's VRDE
14) According to Union Health Minister Harsha Vardhan how many vulnerable and poor citizens are eligible under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat)?
Ans:- Over 50 crore
15) World Food Programme (WFP) conveyed the rapidly growing novel Coronavirus pandemic so far, having little impact on the global food supply chain. Where is the headquaters of World Food Programme?
16) Famous shoe designer Sergio Rossi dies at 84 from novel coronavirus. He was from which country?
17) The FIFA has postpo ned the Under-17 Women's world cup to November 2020.. The Under-17 Women's FIFA world cup was scheduled to be conducted in which country?
18) Which Bank has been nominated by Govt. for collection of donations for PM-CARES Fund?
Ans:- Indian Overseas Bank
19) According to a US-based research, a combination of reduced morbidity and mortality could make the BCG vaccination a "game-changer" in the fight against novel coronavirus. What is full form of C in BCG?
20) The Indian Council of Medical Research recently approved the home testing COVID-19 kit that was designed by a which of the following startup ?