Daily Current Affairs 09th January 2020
1) Who has retained top spot in latest test match rankings for batsmen?
Ans:- Virat Kohli
2) Who is to be the next High Commissioner of India to Dominica?
Ans:- Arun Kumar Sahu
3) Who has been appointed as the judge to the criminal court of New York?
Ans:- Archana Rao
4) Who has been appointed as the judge to the civil court of New York?
Ans:- Deepa Ambedkar
5) World Day of War Orphans was celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 6th January
6) Who recently released a book titled Karmayoddha Granth on the life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
Ans:- Amit Shah
7) Which platform has been launched by NPCI for a fast and secure platform?
8) Prem Nath Hoon, who recently passed away at 90 was a/an noted person of which profession?
Ans:- Army Officer (Former Western Army Commander Lieutenant General )
9) Which state is to set up Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center?
10) Who won Croatia's presidential election?
Ans:- Zoran Milanovic
11) How much amount was raised by EXIM Bank through an overseas bond sale to execute regular activities?
Ans:- $1 billion
12) 2nd National GST Conference was held in which city?
Ans:- New Delhi
13) How much amount has been approved by Punjab for the rejuvenation of Budah Nallah?
Ans:- Rs.650 crores
14) The 31st International Kite Festival was recently launched in which city?
15) The first edition of Khelo India University Gamesis to be held in which state?
16) According to NSO, what is India's estimated GDP growth rate for 2019-20?
17) Who has been appointed as the new chairman of APEC?
Ans:- A Sakthivel
18) Which NASA satellite has discovered an Earth-sized world within the habitable range of its star?
Ans:- Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
19) Akbar Padamsee, who recently passed away at 91 was a famous person of which field?
20) Who presented the Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman?
Ans:- Prakash Javadekar