Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 01-07th May 2020
1) Which state's Chief Minister launched the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme on 28 April?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
2) Which country ends death penalty for crimes committed by minors?
Ans:- Saudi Arabia
3) Which institute has designed a safe and multi-surface sanitizer using UV light for the disinfection of devices in the combat against COVID-19?
4) Union Minister of External Affairs S. Jaishankar joins his counterparts from Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa for a meeting on 28 April. Which country will host BRICS 2020?
5) Jal Shakti Abhiyan, under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, has provided various measures to combat the present health crisis. Jal Shakti Abhiyan was launched on which day?
Ans:-, 1 July 2019
6) International Dance Day is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 29 April
7) Who was the second-largest spender in military expenditure in 2019?
8) India loses hosting rights of the 2021 men's world boxing championship to which country?
9) Who took oath as Vigilance Commissioner on 19 April?
Ans:- Suresh N. Patel
10) Who has been sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of Bombay HC on 28 April?
Ans:- Justice Dipankar Datta
11) Michael Robinson passed away on 28 April. He was 61-years-old. He was a famous person of which profession?
12) International Jazz Day is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 30 April
13) Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 30th April
14) Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor passed away in Mumbai on 30 April. He received Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Bobby in which of the following years?
15) Who has been appointed as India's next Permanent Representative to the UN?
Ans:- T. S. Tirumurti
16) UGC releases guidelines for examinations and academic calendar for universities in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. When was UGC formed?
17) Chuni Goswami dies at 82 in Kolkata. He was a famous person of which profession?
18) Which TV show creates world record for Highest Viewed Entertainment Programme Globally?
19) National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) paid tribute to celebrate painter and artist Raja Ravi Varma on which birth anniversary on 29 April 2020?
20) Maharashtra Day and Gujarat Day is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 1st May
21) International Labour Day or Worker's day is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 1st May
22) Chak-Hao, the black rice which bagged the Geographical Indication (GI) tag is from which of the following states?
23) Which city has created a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) dashboard which will show various hotspots, heat maps, positive cases, recovered cases, etc of COVID-19?
24) What is India's rank among 117 nations in terms of budget transparency and accountability by Open Budget Survey?
25) How many new mandis were added to the e-NAM platform from 7 States on 1 may 2020?
26) India lost the top spot in the ICC Test rankings to which of the following countries?
27) Union Culture Minister Shri Prahlad Singh Patel released an e-book " B.B. Lal -India Rediscovered" on 2 May. He was a famous?
28) Students form which university have developed an intelligent device that will analyze if a coughing person is a COVID-19 carrier?
Ans:- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
29) What will be tha shape of newly purposed Parliament building for India?
30) World Press Freedom Day is celebrated on which date every year?
Ans:- May 3
31) In which of the following zones the e-commerce companies are allowed to sell only essential commodities?
32) International Dawn Chorus Day to be celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 3 May
33) Neeraj Dhawan has been appointed as Chief Risk Officer (CRO) of which of the following banks?
Ans;- Yes Bank
34) The United States Food and Drug Authority (USFDA) has allowed emergency use of which antiviral drug, for treatment of severely ill COVID-19 patients?
35) Which initiative is launched for free tele-consultation to those who have COVID-19 like symptoms?
Ans:- Arogya Setu Mitr
36) Which states has the highest mortality rate in the country at 12.8 per cent in COVID-19 cases?
Ans:- West Bengal
37) Saffron from which states/UTs received a Geographical Indication (GI) tag?
38) Who is current Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir?
Ans:- Girish Chandra Murmu
39) In which state more than 2,500 pigs were killed due to African Swine Flu?
40) The International Fire Fighters Day is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 4th May
41) International Astronomy Day is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 2 May