Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 3rd May -9th May 2021
1) What is India's military expenditure ranking in the SIPRI Military Expenditure Database for 2020?
2) Which state has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Microsoft to train over 1.6 lakh jobless youth and college students?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
3) What is the total sum of benchmark bonds issued by the New Development Bank?
Ans:- 2.0 billion
4) What is the name of the protagonist of the book "Whereabouts"?
Ans:- Jhumpa Lahiri
5) On what day is Workers' Memorial Day observed?
Ans:- 28 April
6) In which state did Aceware FinTech Services, a fintech services firm, launch its first neobank?
7) Under the Harihar Scheme, which state cabinet approved a policy to provide employment to children on compassionate grounds and give them EWS status?
8) Which state has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the World Trade Organization (WTO) to encourage and facilitate trade and investment in the state?
9) Dadudan Pratapdan Gadhvi, a renowned poet and singer of which tongue, died recently.
10) At the World Cities Cultural Forum (WCCF), who will represent Delhi and India?
Ans:- Arvind Kejriwal
11) In which state has the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) founded the 'Water Sports and Adventure Institute (WSAI)'?
12) When is the International Dance Day celebrated around the world?
Ans:- 29 April
13) Who has been appointed the first female commander of the Border Roads Organization?
Ans:- Vaishali S Hiwase
14) Who is the current Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Ltd (NCDEX)?
Ans:- Arun Raste
15) NameUT's Lt. Governor will now have precedence over the elected government?
16) Which Indian cricketer has been named the brand ambassador for ASICS, a Japanese sportswear company?
Ans:- Ravindra Jadeja
17) Which organization has announced that it will provide India with 4000 concentrators?
18) Which bank has launched the 'Merchant Stack' digital and contactless banking platform for retail merchants?
Ans:- ICICI Bank
19) Who is the first Asian woman to receive the Wild Innovator Award?
Ans:- Krithi Karanth
20) Who has set up a special WhatsApp helpline for expectant mothers?
21) Which state has been given permission by India to use drones to deliver COVID-19 vaccines in an experiment?
22) In the absence of Ajay Bhushan Pandey, who has been appointed as the new Finance Secretary?
Ans:- T V Somanathan
23) In the fiscal year 2020-21 (FY21), which bank emerged as the leading arranger of corporate bond deals?
Ans:- HDFC Bank
24) What will be the theme of the 2021 International Dance Day?
Ans:- Purpose of Dance
25) Michael Collins, who died recently, was a well-known figure?
26) Which bank signed a memorandum of understanding with BSNL to obtain telecom services at a low cost?
Ans:- Indian Bank
27) Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman recently inaugurated India's first-ever 3D printed house in which location?
28) How many Medical Oxygen Plants has the DRDO set as a target for the next three months?
29) In April 2021, which Indian state was struck by a 6.4 magnitude earthquake?
30) Completely vaccinated citizens do not need to wear masks, according to which health authority?
31) Which state government increased the financial assistance for Ashirwad Scheme beneficiaries to Rs.51000?
32) Every year on which day is International Jazz Day observed?
Ans:- 30 April
33) Ashatai Pathre, a freedom fighter, has died. What state did she come from?
34) DailyJoy, a delivery startup, has been acquired by which company?
35) The 23rd ASEAN Indian Senior Officials Meeting was co-chaired by which Indian?
Ans:- Riva Das
36) Name the Axis Bank MD and CEO who has been re-appointed for another three years by the bank's board of directors.
Ans:- Amitabh Chaudhry
37) Which state government has approved the allocation of 140 acres of land to e-commerce behemoth Flipkart for the construction of Asia's largest fulfillment center?
38) What insurer has topped the Brand Finance Insurance 100 study for 2021 as the world's most valuable insurance brand?
Ans:- Ping An Insurance
39) When do we celebrate International Workers' Day?
Ans:- May 1
40) Which bank has launched Merchant Stack, a digital and contactless banking platform?
Ans:- ICICI Bank
41) Which state has launched a one-of-a-kind Oxygen on Wheels program?
42) Who has been appointed the BRO's first female officer commanding?
Ans:- Vaishali Hiwase
43) What is LIC's global ranking in the Brand Finance Insurance 100 report for 2021, which ranks the world's most profitable insurance brands?
44) What was Bikramjeet Kanwarpal's occupation before he passed away?
45) The Corona Warriors Scheme was initiated by the state government?
Ans:- Madhya Pradesh
46) In which country has NATO launched joint military drills involving tens of thousands of military personnel from the United States and other nations?
47) Which Indian logistics firm has launched the "Oxygen on Wheels" project, which aims to transport oxygen directly from manufacturing plants to hospitals and homes?
Ans:- Mahindra Logistics
48) What corporation was listed as a 'public shareholder' of Axis Bank instead of a 'promoter' by the Axis Bank Board?
49) Pandit Debu Chaudhuri, a legendary player of which musical instrument, died recently.
50) In addition, Wipro has stated that it will achieve net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by which year?
51) In the Kerala Assembly Election 2021, which party won the most seats?
Ans:- Communist Party of India (Marxist)
52) Which state government has cancelled all health officials' vacations?
53) Which IIT has successfully converted a nitrogen plant into an oxygen generator?
Ans:- IIT Bombay
54) Who has given the three security forces emergency financial rights?
Ans:- Rajnath Singh
55) When is the G7 Foreign and Development Ministers Meeting scheduled to take place?
Ans:- 3-6 May 2021
56) Which party has won majority seats in the Puducherry Assembly Election 2021?
57) Which state has established a dedicated Helpline at the Covid-19 War Control Room that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide people with real-time Covid-19-related services?
Ans:- Jammu and Kashmir
58) KV Anand has died. What field was he linked to?
59) The maximum amount assured payable under the EDLI scheme has been increased by the Labour Ministry from Rs. 6 lakh to how much?
Ans:- Rs.7 lakh
60) In which state did the Indian Army inaugurate the first solar energy harnessing plant with a capacity of 56 kVA?
61) The International Dawn Chorus Day is a celebration of the sounds of birds that occurs once a year. What is the commemoration day?
Ans:- First Sunday in May
62) Who has been appointed as Bihar's new Chief Secretary?
Ans:- Tripurari Sharan
63) Who among these is not a Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India?
Ans:- Indradeep Sinha
64) What is the name of the fourth Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, who has been named to replace B P Kanungo?
Ans:- T. Rabi Sankar
65) What is the estimated GDP growth rate for the Indian Economy as per the rating agency BARCLAYS for the financial year 2021-22?
66) When does World Laughter Day fall?
Ans:- First Sunday of May
67) The State Bank of India allocated how much amount towards the fight against Covid 19?
Ans:- Rs.71 cr
68) On which day is the International Firefighters' Day (IFFD) commemorated each year?
Ans:- 04 May
69) According to RBI info, non-food bank credit growth in March 2021 was what percentage?