Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 1st Aug -7th Aug
1) Which country's crown prince unveiled NEOM, a futuristic eco-city?
Ans:- Saudi Arabia
2) Which year will India host the ICC Women's ODI World Cup, according to the ICC?
3) On which date is World Hepatitis Day observed?
Ans:- July 28
4) Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Paytm Payments Services Ltd?
Ans:- Nakul Jain
5) Who has been awarded the prestigious Global Energy Prize for 2022?
Ans:- Kaushik Rajashekara
6) Which former Indian cricketer has been appointed to the International Cricket Council's Cricket Committee?
Ans:- VVS Laxman
7) Which state is home to the Pallikaranai Marsh Reserve Forest and the Pichavaram Mangrove, both of which have been designated as Ramsar sites?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
8) In July 2022, NSIC signed an MoU with LG Electronics India Pvt Ltd and the Electronics Sector Skills Council of India. Which ministry oversees National Small Industries Corporation Ltd.?
Ans:- Ministry of MSME
9) Which bank will be among the top ten most valuable in the world following its merger with its parent?
Ans:- HDFC Bank
10) Who published three books featuring rare photos of outgoing President Ram Nath Kovind and his predecessors?
Ans:- Anurag Thakur
11) According to the third edition of the 'Kotak Private Banking Hurun - Top Richest Women List,' who has retained the title of India's richest woman for the second year in a row?
Ans:- Roshni Nadar Malhotra
12) Which IT firm announced the signing of a new five-year digital transformation contract with Nokia of Finland?
13) Which country is hosting the 44th Chess Olympiad?
14) Which Indian state received the most FDI equity inflows during fiscal year 2021-22?
15) On which edition of its Rising Day is the CRPF commemorating on July 27, 2022?
Ans:- P.V. Sindhu
16) Which state has signed an MoU with Telangana to establish the first women-run financial institution in the cooperative sector, similar to Shri Nidhi in Telangana?
17) Which Indian airport topped the 2021 Global Air Traffic Rankings?
Ans:- Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport
18) Which bank owns more than 40% of the company?
Ans:- IDBI Bank
19) Which ocean has seen a mysterious red glow?
Ans:- Atlantic Ocean
20) What is the theme of the 2022 International Tiger Day?
Ans:- India launches Project Tiger to revive the tiger population
21) Which telecommunications company carried out the project to provide 4G mobile services in all unexplored villages?
22) Which bank has set a "RACE" goal as part of its plan to be one of the top three PSBs in India?
Ans:- Union Bank
23) Four-time Formula One champion and current Aston Martin employee announced his retirement?
Ans:- Sebastian Vettel
24) In July 2022, which state government implemented the 'Chief Minister's Breakfast Scheme' for primary school students?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
25) Which category receives the Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar, a national award?
26) Which state's Chief Minister introduced the 'Smart e-Beat' system for real-time monitoring of police presence and officer patrolling?
27) What is the theme of World Environment Day 2022?
Ans:- Cut Down on Plastic
28) What was the name of the first indigenous aircraft carrier delivered to the Indian Navy?
29) On August 4th, which Indian state/UT plans to build the world's largest Tiranga?
30) Which shipyard built Vikrant, India's first indigenous aircraft carrier?
Ans:- Cochin Shipyard
31) Which state is the first in the nation to have a dedicated semiconductor policy?
32) Who has Coca-Cola signed to promote Limca Sportz?
Ans:- Neeraj Chopra
33) Which state's Sports Department will host the 'Khed Mela' on August 29?
34) On which date is International Friendship Day observed?
Ans:- July 30
35) Which fields are associated with the 'Dinesh Shahra Lifetime Award'?
36) Which Indian state is Tadoba Tiger Reserve, which hosted the Global Tiger Day Celebrations?
37) Which legendary cricketer has England's Leicester Cricket Ground been named after?
Ans:- Sunil Gavaskar
38) Which Indian state hosted the FIDE Chess Olympiad for the first time?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
39) In which state did Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch the IIBX?
40) On which date is World Ranger Day observed?
Ans:- July 31
41) Who received India's first indigenous aircraft carrier, INS Vikrant?
Ans:- Indian Navy
42) Which state is Peechi Wildlife Sanctuary, where a new damselfly species has been discovered?
43) In which state did the State Assembly meet the most times in 2021?
44) Who has surpassed China Yang Huiyan as Asia's richest woman?
Ans:- Savitri Jindal
45) Who has been appointed as an additional director to the LIC HFL Board of Directors?
Ans:- Ravi Kishan Takkar
46) On which date did the Earth recently break its shortest day record?
Ans:- July 29
47) Who won India's first gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in 2022?
Ans:- Mirabai Chanu
48) The 3rd India-Vietnam Bilateral Army Exercise "Ex VINBAX 2022" began in which state?
49 Which Union Minister presided over the opening of a conference on drug trafficking and national security?
Ans:- Amit Shah
50) In which state was a new Damselfly species discovered?
51) Point 5140 in the Dras sector has been named Gun Hill to commemorate the Indian Armed Forces' victory in which Operation?
Ans:- Operation Vijay
52) Which state has the most Assembly sittings in 2021?
53) Who succeeded China's Yang Huiyan as Asia's Richest Woman?
Ans:- Savitri Jindal
54) Who has been appointed as the Commissioner of Police in Delhi?
Ans:- Sanjay Arora
55) In which city was the Chabahar Day Conference held?
56) Who is the head of the task force set up by the Centre to monitor the monkeypox situation in India?
Ans:- VK Paul
57) Who has been named Country Director of the World Bank for India?
Ans:- Auguste Tano Kouame
58) Which state signed an MoU with NITI Aayog for enhancement of the learning outcome of students?
Ans:- Arunachal Pradesh
59) Which smart city in India is the first to receive data from Google's EIE?
Ans:- Aurangabad smart city
60) With 52 gold medals on the final day, which state has won the Khelo India Youth Games 2021?
61) Who has been appointed as the NSE's new MD and CEO?
Ans:- Ashish Chauhan
62) Who took silver in the Commonwealth Games 2022 women's Judo 48kg final?
Ans:- Shushila Devi Likmabam
63) To promote Indian language technology, which IIT has established the 'Nilekani Centre at Al4Bharat'?
Ans:- IIT Madras