Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 22-31 March 2020
1) Name the Indian state which passed the ''Recovery of Damage to Public Properties Ordinance 2020'to recover the losses due to damage during violent protests.?
Ans:- Uttar Pradesh
2) Who has been selected as Managing Director (MD) of Google Cloud in India?
Ans:- Karan Bajwa
3) Which institute has developed a new hand-sanitizer as a preventive measure against Coronavirus?
4) A Meeting on Research in Indian Traditional Knowledge Systems was held in which of the following cities?
5) The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and Which of the following companies have collaborated to carry out joint research in industrial and infrastructure cybersecurity?
Ans:- L&T Technology
6) The book titled as "Invincible - A Tribute to Manohar Parrikar", is authored by whom?
Ans:- Tarun Vijay
7) Which institute has developed a pest-resistant variety of cotton against whiteflies?
Ans:- NBRI Lucknow
8) Which states/UTs has started online registration for 'Chief Minister Advocate Welfare Scheme'?
9) The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal has set up a branch to hear cases of the southern states in which city?
10) Banihal to Katra railway link will be completed by which year?
11) Which Former Chief Justice of India (CJI) took oath as a member of Rajya Sabha on 19 March 2020?
Ans:- Ranjan Gogoi
12) The Centre has proposed Rs. 1, 01,428 crore budget, highest ever budget anticipation,for which state/UT?
Ans:- Jammu Kashmir
13) Roger Mayweather, who recently died, belongs to which game?
14) Which state has cancelled reservation in promotion for state government employees?
15) According to MHRD, the initiative ARPIT has been successfully implemented in the past two years.In which year ARPIT was launched?
16) Indian Railway Ministry has planned to electrify all broad gauge routes by which year?
17) Who will head the 8-member panel Singh to review fiscal consolidation road map of the both state and central governments?
Ans:- N K Singh
18) Who was named in the International Panel of ICC (International Cricket Council) Development Umpires?
Ans:- Vrinda Rathi & Janani Narayanan
19) Pilot shopping festival will be celebrated in which city?
20) Which state has assigned status of cleanliness workers to Sanitary personnel?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
21) What is the name of the first manned flight that will be launched to the International Space Station (ISS) by SpaceX?
Ans:- Crew Dragon
22) 'Messiah Modi: A Tale of Great Expectations'has been written by which journalist?
Ans:- Tavleen Singh
23) The World Water Day is celebrated on which dates?
Ans:- 22nd March
24) Which bank has teamed-up with Bharti AXA to launch a complimentary insurance plan which will cover all medical conditions, including Covid-19?
Ans:- DBS Bank India
25) Who has been selected for Abel Prize for Mathematics by the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters?
Ans:- Israeli-American Hillel Furstenberg and Russian-born Gregory Margulis
26) Which state has announced to provide one-month free food grains to poor people along with Rs 1,000 as compensation to daily wage workers who have been affected due to the outbreak of the deadly virus?
Ans:- Uttarpradesh (UP)
27) Reserve bank of India extended the regulatory restrictions on Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank (PMC) Bank by how much time?
Ans:- 3 Months
28) The insurance regulator, IRDAI has set up a 16-member committee to find ways to improve its current guidelines on corporate governance systems of insurers, in a bid to further strengthen the guidelines. Who is the chairman of this committee?
Ans:- Pravin Kutumbe
29) Credit ratings agency CRISIL has pulled down the growth forecast for India's GDP for the financial year 2020-21 by 50 basis points (bp) to how much percent?
30) Which organization has recommended the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19?
Ans:- Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR)
31) Shaheedi Diwas was observed in India on which date?
Ans:- 23rd March
32) Which state's police has become the first one to be equipped with taser guns?
33) Dr.Ram Manohar Lohia's birth anniversary was observed on which date?
Ans:- 23rd March
34) Gahirmatha marine sanctuary recently seen in news is in which state?
35) The Board of Approval on Special Economic Zones has approved how many cases of de-notification between April 1, 2008 & February 29, 2020?
36) The Carissa kopilii, which is recently declared under threat, is found in which India state?
37) The Border Roads Organisation has opened a 360 feet long bailey suspension bridge for traffic over Teesta River in which Indian state?
38) Which organization has launched a website for information related to the COVID-19 pandemic?
39) India and France, for the first time, have conducted joint patrols from the Reunion Island. The island is in which ocean?
Ans:- Indian Ocean
40) Government of India has issued orders to cap the retail prices of hand sanitizers at what amount per bottle of 200 ml?
Ans:- Rs. 100
41) The Defence Ministry has acquired land from which two states for defence corridors to increase defence production?
Ans:- UP and Tamilnadu
42) Flying car-maker PAL-V (Personal Air Land Vehicle) of the Netherlands will set up a manufacturing plant in which Indian state?
43) Economic Freedom Index has been released by which organization?
Ans:- Heritage Foundation
44) Who has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Bombay High Court?
Ans:- Bhushan P Dharmadhikari
45) Who became the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh?
Ans:- Shivraj Singh Chouhan
46) International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims is observed on which date?
Ans:- 24th March
47) Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has set up India's first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in which city?
48) Legacy of Learning is the first novel of which writer?
Ans:- Savita Chhabra
49) Which state will provide free ration to construction workers amid the coronavirus outbreak?
50) Which bank has decided to provide 0.25% of its annual profit for 2020-21 to fight the coronavirus outbreak in India?
51) Who has been appointed as the CEO & MD of IndusInd Bank?
Ans:- Sumant Kathpalia
52) Mo Jeeban (My Life) Programme has been launched by which state?
53) The Hindu New Year 2077 began on which date?
Ans: 25th March
54) Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has extended the last date for filing GST returns to which date?
Ans:- 30th June
55) Mayiladuthurai has become the 38th district of which state?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
56) Who has been appointed as the Chief Secretary of Madhya Pradesh?
Ans:- Iqbal Singh Bains
57) Which one is most promising drug to cure the novel coronavirus?
Ans:- Remdesivir , Chloroquine , Lopinavir
58) The Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Limited is developing a 1st of its kind "Form Based Codes" with the support from which foundation?
Ans:- Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
59) GoI has allotted what amount for quick set up health infrastructure to deal with the pandemic coronavirus?
Ans:- 15000 crore
60) Mylab Discovery Solutions Pvt Ltd, has developed the first made-in-India test kit for COVID-19.The lab is in which city?