Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 26April -2nd May, 2021
1) In the Henley Passport Index 2021, where did India rank?
2) Name the former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, who was known as the "Father of Indian Banking Reforms" and died recently.
Ans:- Maidavolu Narasimham
3) On which day in India is 'Civil Services Day' observed?
Ans:- 21 April
4) Which homegrown payments player has been named by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to facilitate its digital payments?
5) In 2021, which country will host the United Nations Food Systems Summit Dialogue?
6) According to a UN survey, how much money has been lost in India as a result of Cyclone Amphan 2020?
Ans:- $14 Billion
7) India's GDP forecast for the financial year 2021-22 has been updated by Care Ratings. What is the most recent estimate?
8) On which day of the year is International Mother Earth Day observed?
Ans:- 22 April
9) What is the name of the Indian mountaineer who became the country's first female to summit Mt Annapurna, the world's tenth highest peak?
Ans:- Priyanka Mohite
10) Which of the following parties is the first to reveal the name of the individual that donated to it through electoral bonds?
Ans:- The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha
11) In which state has the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) founded the 'Water Sports and Adventure Institute (WSAI)'?
12) What sports brand has Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal become brand ambassadors for?
13) 1st Unit of ALH MK-3 Aircraft INAS 323 has commissioned in which state?
14) By 2022, which state will be known as Har Ghar Jal?
15) What was Farid Sabri's occupation before he passed away?
Ans:- Qawwali singer
16) When is International Girls in Technology Day celebrated?
Ans:- Fourth Thursday of April
17) What medication has had its import duty waived by the federal government?
18) Which state has made Swasthya Suraksha Saptah a reality?
19) Who is the United States' first Indian-American Associate Attorney General?
Ans:- Vanita Gupta
20) Arjun Kalyan has been named India's 68th Chess Grandmaster. What city is he from?
21) Which state is responsible for the YSR Zero Interest Crop Loan Scheme?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
22) What is the name of the author of the e-book "Climate Change Explained - for Everyone"?
Ans:- Aakash Ranison
23) Who is the Indian bureaucrat who was recently named as the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCWexternal )'s auditor?
Ans:- GC Murmu
24) What date is observed annually as World Day for Animals in Laboratories (WDAIL)?
Ans:- 24 April
25) Which day in India is designated as National Panchayati Raj Day?
Ans:- 24 April
26) Which payment bank was the first to allow a day end balance account cap of Rs.2 lakh?
27) For FY21, the RBI has permitted banks to pay dividends on equity shares up to what percentage of the prescribed dividend payout ratio?
28) Which percent has India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) revised its GDP growth forecast for FY22?
29) Which bank's appointment of Atanu Chakraborty as part-time Chairman has been authorised by the RBI?
Ans:- HDFC Bank
30) What will the "Leaders' Summit on Climate 2021" be about?
Ans:- Our Collective Sprint to 2030
31) Who has been sworn in as the current Chairman of NASSCOM for the years 2021-22?
Ans:- Rekha M. Menon
32) On which day is the International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace celebrated around the world?
Ans:- 24 April
33) Under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme, which state has released the first installment of Rs.672 crores?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
34) On what date is World Veterinary Day observed?
Ans:- Fourth Saturday of April
35) Shravan Rathod, a well-known Bollywood actor, has died. What area did he have experience in?
Ans:- Music Composer
36) What was Amit Mistry's occupation before he passed away?
37) In 2021, what will be the theme of World Malaria Day?
Ans:- Reaching the zero malaria target
38) World Malaria Day (WMD) is observed on which day of the year?
Ans:- 25 April
39) Who is the first batsman in the IPL to cross 6000 runs?
Ans:- Virat Kohli
40) How many medals did India win at the AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships in 2021?
41) Who was the former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, known as the "Father of Indian Banking Reforms"?
Ans:- M Narasimham
42) For the 1st time, which Rover has generated oxygen on Mars?
43) What city is home to MP's largest COVID Care Centre?
44) World Immunization Week 2021 has a theme. What is it?
Ans:- Vaccines bring us closer
45) Vibha Harish was named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list from which city?
46) Which institutes does Singapore's SICCI collaborate with to support tech startups?
Ans:- IIT Kanpur
47) In which state has the election commission banned roadshows and vehicle rallies?
Ans:- West Bengal
48) In the 93rd Academy Awards' In Memorium chapter, which Indian personalities were honoured?
Ans:- Irrfan Khan and Bhanu Athaiya
49) What is the name of the author of the book The Living Mountain?
Ans:- Amitav Ghosh
50) Who has been appointed the new Director General of the NDA?
Ans:- Siddharth Singh Longjam
51) Which institute has signed an MoU with the MoHUA to establish an Accelerator Center?
Ans:- IIT Kharagpur
52) Which bank has teamed up with Mastercard to launch ConQR, the world's first QR on card programme?
Ans:- Bank of Baroda
53) Which state is responsible for the COVID Emergency Loan Program?
54) When will people over the age of 18 be able to register for the COVID-19 vaccine?
Ans:- 28 April 2021
55) Amit Shah inaugurated an oxygen manufacturing plant in which city's Kolavada village?
56) Which Indian state will provide free COVID-19 vaccination to all of its citizens?
57) How much money does Google provide to organisations that aid people in India battle the Covid-19 pandemic?
Asn:- Rs. 135 crores
58) In FY 2021-22, which state government plans to have ten lakh tap water connections?
59) Which state/UT has published a first-of-its-kind draught cycling policy that promotes cycling as a viable mode of short-distance transportation?
60) Which company's former MD was Indian executive Jagdish Khattar, who recently died?
Ans:- Maruti Suzuki
61) In which day is World Intellectual Property Day observed?
Ans:- 26 April
62) Which High Court has named Justice Rajesh Bindal as Acting Chief Justice?
63) Rajan Mishra was a well-known
Ans:- Indian Classical Singer
64) What will be the theme of World Intellectual Property Day in 2021?
Ans:- Intellectual property and small businesses: Taking big ideas to market
65) What was China's first Mars rover's name?