Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 1st-7th August, 2020
1) Indian Railways and this bank launched a Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform, recently.
2) ASTHROS Is Which Space Agency 's Mission?
Ans:- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
3) What is the name of the mobile device launched by Harsh Vardhan, Earth Science Union Minister for the 14th Earth Science Ministry Foundation Day (MoES)?
4) The Medical Bed Isolation Device was developed by the Defense Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) to counter COVID-19. It has been called as;
5) 160th Day of Income Tax, or Aaykar Diwas on which date?
Ans:- 24th July.
6) Who has launched a mobile app Lyfas for detection & risk assessment of COVID 19 infected individuals?
Ans:- Acculi Labs.
7) Who is appointed as Prime Minister of Tunisia by Tunisian President Kais Saied to form govt in 1 month?
Ans:- Hichem Mechichi.
8) Who is the author of the book 'The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World'?
Ans:- Dr. S Jaishankar.
9) The International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystems is celebrated worldwide on which date?
Ans:- 26th July.
10) PM Modi virtually launched high throughput COVID-19 testing facilities at which Indian cities?
Ans:- Mumbai, Noida and Kolkata.
11) The theme of 2020 World Hepatitis Day is:
Ans:- Find the Missing Millions.
12) The former RBI Deputy Governer is responsible for the book 'Search for Financial Stability in India'?
Ans:- Viral V.Acharya.
13) Under which Yojana Union Home Minister Amit Shah distributed 100 electric potters wheels to 100 trained artisans of Gujarat?
Ans:- Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana.
14) Which pharmaceutical firm in India is seeking DGCI approval for 'phase 2&3' clinical trials of Oxford vaccine under the brand name "Covishield"?
Ans:- Serum Institute of India.
15) What Indian bank received USD 16.20 million in liquidity support as a COVID relief to help the Maldives government resolve liquidity shortage?
16) What is the name of the Guwahati inaugurated first manhole cleaning robot?
17) International tiger day observed is annually observed on which date?
Ans:- 29th July.
18) Who is honoured with Karamveer Chakra Award from UN and ICONGO?
Ans:- Sunil ydv SS.
19) Who authored the book named "Burnt Sugar" or "Girl in White Cotton"?
Ans:- Avni Doshi.
20) What is the organisation's name that introduced the 'Dare to Dream 2.0' contest for innovators and startups?
21) Who has recently been named CEO of ICRA Limited as MD & group?
Ans:- N. Sivaraman.
22) Power Finance Corporation has signed an agreement with which IIT for smart grid technology training , testing, and entrepreneurship creation (ED)?
23) Who released the book entitled "Padi Bhavajaalalu," Telugu edition of Ten Ideologies book written by Late S Jaipal Reddy, former Union minister?
Ans:- Venkaiah Naidu.
24) The dialog between the ministers of defense India-Indonesia was held in which city?
Ans:- New Delhi.
25) World Day Against Human Trafficking was observed on:
Ans:- 30th July.
26) Who represented India at the 6th meeting of BRICS Environment Ministers?
Ans:- Prakash Javadekar.
27) Narendra Modi along with Pravind Jugnauth inaugurated which country's supreme courthouse (July 2020)?
28) Which world organization along with Pure Earth released the report titled "The Toxic Truth: Children's Exposure to Lead Pollution Undermines a Generation of Future Potential"?
29) Which country has released its first list of verified news portals?
30) Who released the e-book titled 'Standard Treatment Guidelines for the Management of Substance Use Disorders and Behavioural Addictions'?
Ans:- Harsh Vardhan.
31) Recently, India and this country partnered in under 30 seconds to develop rapid COVID-19 research.
32) Who has become No.1 all-rounder in latest ICC test ranking?
33) The Underground Ballistic Missiles were launched during military exercise 'Great Prophet 14;'?
34) Which Ministry got the SKOCH Gold Award?
Ans:- Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
35) Which state government launched "Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi" public awareness campaign from August 1-15?
Ans:- Madhya Pradesh.
36) Which of the following businesses collaborated with 'Design Silicon' to develop and speed up solutions for digital loan repayments?
37) Who Inaugurates CII National Digital Conference on "Easing Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat"?
Ans:- Piyush Goyal.
38) Which is the name of the mars rover launched recently by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to discover evidence of ancient life?
39) Who in UttaraKhand: UDAN scheme launched a Helicopter service?
Ans:- Pawan Hans Ltd.
40) Who's won the UK Grand Prix 2020 at Silverstone, UK?
Ans:- Lewis Hamilto.
41) The First Muslim Women Rights Day was celebrated on __________.
Ans:- 1st August, 2020.
42) Who is the author of the book titled 'Greenlights'?
Ans:- Matthew McConaughey.
43) What is the theme for World Breastfeeding Week 2020?
Ans:- "Support Breast feeding for a healthier planet".
44) Which nation has become the first producer of nuclear energy in the Arab world?
45) A health assistant robot "Rakshak" was designed by __________ to avoid spreading of the COVID-19.
Ans:- Mumbai Railway.
46) IIT Madras with Helyxon First of Its Kind Remote Patient Monitoring System built for this disease.
47) Which state government is signing an MoU with Hindustan Unilever Ltd, P&G and ITC in support of women's economic empowerment?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh.
48) Name the state that will be establishing India's first conservation snow leopard centre.
49) Amar Singh who recently passed away belonged to which industry among the following?
50) Which state government launched cybercrime awareness programme named 'E-Raksha Bandhan'?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh.
51) Who opened the 4th edition of Smart India Hackathon-SIH (Software) Grand Finale 2020?
Ans:- Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank'.
52) Which nation will host the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020, 13th edition?
53) Which ministry conducts quiz contest on 'Atmanirbhar Bharat-Swatantra Bharat' in collaboration with MyGov?
Ans:- Defence Ministry.
54) Who wrote the book named "Vishesh: Code to Win"?
Ans:- Nirupama Yadav.
55) Who released draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy 2020; aimed at $5 billion export by 2025?
Ans:- Ministry of Defence.