Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 22-30 April 2020
1) Door-to-door delivery of newspapers and magazines prohibited in which of the following states?
2) Department of Posts planned to extend the payment of compensation of how much rupees to all postal employees including Gramin Dak Sevaks employees to the corona disease?
Ans:- 10 Lakh
3) Ministry of Power issued a draft proposal for amendment of Electricity Act, 2003 in the form of the draft Electricity Act (Amendment) Bill, 2020 for comments/suggestions from Stakeholders on 17th April 2020. Who is current Minister of Power?
Ans:- Shri Raj Kumar Singh
4) RBI exempts accounts with moratorium benefits from asset recognition norms for how many days?
Ans:- 90 days
5) World liver day was observed on which date?
Ans:- April 19
6) BMW Group President and CEO passed away on 20 April due to cardiac arrest. What was his name?
Ans:- Rudratej Singh
7) Chinese Language Day is observed on which date?
Ans:- 20th April
8) Which State has been the worst affected due to the Coronavirus pandemic in India?
9) Samir Goswami dies aged 65 in Kolkata. He was a famous person of which field?
Ans:- Sports journalist
10) Which state becomes first zero COVID-19 state in the country?
11) Civil Services Day is observed on which date in India?
Ans:- 21st April
12) Who has been appointed as the Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind?
Ans:- Kapil Dev Tripathi
13) Border Roads Organisation (BRO) constructed the Daporijo bridge over which river?
Ans:- Subansiri river
14) World Creativity and Innovation Day is observed on which date?
Ans:- 21st April
15) Which country successfully launched a military satellite (their first satellite) on 22 April 2020?
16) Who has won William E. Colby Award in 2020?
Ans:- Adam Higginbotham
17) India handed over how many tonnes of medicines to Nepal for fighting COVID-19?
Ans:- 23 tonnes
18) Which University in London has developed a potential COVID-19 vaccine and the first human trials will begin from April 23, 2020?
Ans:- Oxford University
19) What is India's Rank in World Press Freedom Index 2020?
20) Earth Day was celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 22 April
21) As per a recent study published in which website, anti-malarial drug Hydroxychloroquine is not effective for the Coronavirus treatment?
22) Who has been appointed as the head of the National Shipping Board?
Ans:- Malini Shankar
23) World Book Day Was observed on which date?
Ans:- 23 April
24) Khongjom Day is celebrated in which of the following states?
25) What is the name of China's first Mars exploration mission?
26) Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' released the alternative academic calendars at the upper primary stage (Classes VI to VIII) on 23 April. The calenders were developed by which organisation?
27) Which city has been named World Book Capital for 2020?
Ans:- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
28) Union Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' launched which of the following campaign on social media on 23 April on the occasion of World Book Day?
29) The Chairman of the International Cricket Council, is expected to have his term extended by another two months amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Who is current Chairman of the ICC?
Ans:- Shashank Manohar
30) World Malaria Day is an international event observed on which date every year?
Ans:- 25 April
31) International Delegate's Day is observed on which date?
Ans:- 25 April
32) Astronomers found how many asteroids that once belonged to a distant star system have been found orbiting the Sun between Jupiter and Neptune?
33) Iran launched its first military satellite into orbit. What is the name of the satellite?
34) Who took oath as Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) on 25 April 2020?
Ans:- Sanjay Kothari
35) China announced how much additional grant for WHO to fight against COVID-19?
Ans:- USD 30 million
36) The US space agency NASA engineers have developed a new high-pressure ventilator tailored specifically to treat COVID-19 patients. What is the name of this ventilator?
37) World Intellectual Property Day is observed on which date every year?
Ans:- 26 April
38) World Immunization Week is celebrated on which dates?
Ans:- 24-30 April
39) Hubble Space Telescope celebrates which anniversary on 24 April 2020?
40) Which state Govt. revives 'zero interest' loan scheme for women self-help groups?
Ans:- Andhra pradesh
41) Blocking burial or cremation of victims of notified disease to attract jail term up to 3-years in which of the following states?
42) Bijay Mishra dies aged 83 in Bhubaneswar. He belongs to which profession?
43) The World Veterinary Day was observed on which date?
Ans:- 25th April
44) Zarina Hashmi dies aged 83 in London. She won President's Award in India in 1969. She belongs to which profession?
45) India sent 50,000 surgical gloves and one lakh tablets of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to which country to help its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic?
46) What was the theme of World Intellectual Property Day observed on April 26?
Ans:- Innovate for a Green Future
47) Who has been appointed as Secretary in the Ministry of Women and Child Development?
Ans:- Ajay Tirkey
48) Devanand Konwar dies aged 86 in Guwahati. He belongs to which profession?
49) One of Bollywood's most beloved stars Irrfan Khan passed away on 29 April 2020 due to which of the following diseases?
Ans:- Neuroendocrine tumour
50) Which country's Navy successfully test-fired a series of anti-ship missiles in the North Arabian Sea on 25 April?