Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 1-7 February 2020
1) Indian Railways is to run 100 percent on electricity by which year?
2) Who won the first prize among the marching contingents of the paramilitary forces at the Republic Day parade?
3) Which Indian celebrity is to feature in 'Man vs Wild' with Bear Grylls?
4) Who won the national award instituted by Kerala Media Academy?
Ans:- N. Ram
5) Which became the 4th state to pass resolution against Citizenship Amendment Act?
Ans:- West Bengal
6) Who took charge as IBA Chief Executive?
Ans:- Sunil Mehta
7) Who won the Oxford Bookstore Book Cover Prize for designing the cover of "Tiffin: Authentic Recipes Celebrating India's Regional Cuisine"?
Ans:- Sneha Pamneja
8) Who is to get 'Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters' from French government?
Ans:- Sanjna Kapoor
9) Sunita Chandra, who recently died at 76 belonged to which sport?
10) India celebrated its ________ Republic Day on 26th January 2020?
15) How many awards did Billie Eilish won at the 2020 Grammy Awards?
11) Who has been nominated the Life President of Asian Tennis Federation?
Ans:- Anil Khanna
12) Birth Anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 28th January
13) India's first underwater metro project is to start soon in which city?
14) Which state's assembly recently passed resolution to abolish the state Legislative Council?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
15) The 3rd Global Potato Conclave-2020 will be inaugurated at which city?
16) APGCL is to set up a waste-to-energy plant in which state?
17) Which country offered to be a mediator between India and Pakistan to resolve the issues?
18) Tech Mahindra has set up Google Cloud Centre of Excellence in which city?
19) The 22nd meeting of Central Zonal Council is being held in which state?
20) Ganga Yatra under NamamiGange mission recently began from which city?
21) Who won the Padma Shri in Agriculture field?
Ans:- Chinthala Venkat Reddy
22) Who has been appointed as India's Ambassador to USA?
Ans:- Taranjit Singh Sandhu
23) Who won Senior National Billiards Championship?
Ans:- Pankaj Advani
24) Who has been appointed as MD and CEO of Canara Bank?
Ans:- L V Prabhakar
25) Who has been appointed as the Non-Executive Chairman of Vakrangee Limited?
Ans:- Ramesh Joshi
26) Who has been appointed as new general manager of Western Railway?
Ans:- Alok Kansal
27) Central Railway's first AC suburban train is to be flagged off from which city?
28) Who has recently been appointed as a member of the Monetary Policy Committee by RBI?
Ans:- M D Patra
29) Assam Rifles builds war memorial in __________ for 357 martyrs?
30) Indian Railways commissioned the country's first governmental waste to energy plant at which city?
31) DRDO has set up a center for advanced defence technology at which university?
Ans:- Gujarat University
32) Who recently launched Bhuvan Panchayat V3 web Portal?
Ans:- Jitendra Singh
33) Which state has recently launched Virtual Police Station?
34) India recently added _______ more wetlands to sites protected by the Ramsar Convention?
35) Who has been appointed as new Foreign Secretary?
Ans:- Harsh Vardhan Shringla
36) Who recently launched Operation Vanilla?
Ans:- Indian Navy
37) NASA has chosen_________ to build first habitable commercial module for ISS?
Ans:- Axiom Space
38) According to a report by TomTom, which is the world's most traffic-congested city?
39) Who is the Indian Javelin thrower who recently qualified for Tokyo Olympics?
Ans:- Neeraj Chopra
40) Who has been conferred the honorary Doctor of Letters Award by Calcutta University?
Ans:- Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee
41 According toTransparency International, whichis the top state in terms of best practices followed in budget formulation?
42) Tushar Kanjilal, who recently died at 85 was a famous person of which profession?
Ans:- Social Worker
43) Abdul Gafoor, who recently died at 60 was a former minister from which state?
44) Which Indian badminton ace has recently joined BJP?
Ans:- Saina Nehwal
45) Who launched DoPT's online certificate course on relevance of Gandhi in the contemporary world?
Ans:- Jitendra Singh
46) Indian Coast Guard has recently commissioned a high-speed interceptor boat in which city?
47) Who launched special edition of khadi watcheson the 72nd death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
Ans:- Nitin Gadkari
48) Which is to be the theme state at the 34thSurajkund International Crafts Mela?
Ans:- Himachal Pradesh
49) Umroi, a counter terror exercise is to be held between India and which country?
50) Who became the first ever hockey player to win World Games Athlete of the Year award?
Ans:- Rani Rampal
51) Which state has recentlydeclared n-coronavirus as a state disaster?
52) Which state got the first prize in the category of best performance since inception of thePMMVY scheme?
Ans:- Madhya Pradesh
53) Who has taken over as the CEO of HAL'sBangalore Complex?
Ans:- Amitabh Bhatt
54) Which scheme has recently been launched by government to boost creation of science & technology infrastructure in India?
55) 81st National Table Tennis Championships was organized in which city?
56) Who is the new CEO of Wework?
Ans:- Sandeep Mathrani
57) Who won the men's doubles title at the Australian Open?
Ans:- Rajeev Ram & Joe Salisbury
58) Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) awards were presented by which minister?
59) 3rd Defence Attaches Conference was organized in which place?
Ans:- New Delhi
60) Who is to become the Goodwill Ambassador of the Indian contingent at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
Ans:- Sourav Ganguly
61) The Supreme Court of India directed the states to establish "Gram Nyayalayas" within four weeks' time span. In which year the Gram Nyayalayas act was passed?