Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 22nd-31st July 2020
1) Which state chief minister inaugurated 'Smriti Van' in memory of the famous folk singer, late Jeet Singh Negi?
2) India and which country have signed an agreement to continue expanding their cooperation to tackle cyber threats?
3) Neela Satyanarayanan (72), first woman State Election Commissioner whose State died July 16 , 2020 of COVID-19?
4) Who developed India's first fully autochthonous pneumonia vaccine, Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine?
Ans:- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
5) The International Olympic Committee has postponed the 2022 Dakar(Senegal) Youth Summer Olympics by how many years?
6) Day of International Criminal Justice is annually observed on whcih day?
Ans:- 17 July.
7) What is India's rank in the Baseline Case, in keeping with the "Cushman & Wakefield Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2020?"
8) When is Mandela International Day celebrated?
Ans:- July 18
9) According to India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) research survey, it is projected that the fiscal deficit of the Center will increase to how much in FY21?
10) Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister for Steel and the United States (US) Secretary for Energy practically co-chaired the U.S.-India Strategic Energy Partnership (SEP) 2nd Ministerial Meeting? Who is Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister of the Union, and Steel Minister?
Ans:- Dharmendra Pradhan.
11) Which state has announced the Energy Export Policy 2020, which permits the sale of power to the other states of India?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh.
12) What country reports the largest decrease in the number of people living in poverty as around 273 million people migrated over 10 years out of multidimensional poverty?
13) Department of Income Tax rolls out which method to assist taxpayers in the rapid and accurate return of income tax?
14) KURMA app has been designed for which animal species?
15) Union Food Processing Industries Minister Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal has opened Zoram Mega Food Park Ltd in which state?
16) Which state government has started Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana to establish the Scheduled Castes all around?
17) United Nations celebrates World Chess Day globally on which date?
Ans:- July 20.
18) Which two organizations have unveiled the COVID Workplace Protection System (COPS) to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic?
19) Who authored the book 'Suraj Kade Marda Nahi' ?
Ans:- Baldev Singh Sadaknama.
20) What state has been the first to use drones to track and inspect extra high voltage transmission lines and towers for aerial surveillance?
21) What is the name of the Indian Army's indigenously produced drone that DRDO provided?
22) Which anti-tank-guided missile has Indian armed forces successfully tested?
23) Which state / UT chief minister proposed the assembly's Rs 9000 Crore tax-free budget for the 2020-2021 financial year?
24) Who was named to become Karur Vysya Bank 's new MD?
Ans:- Ramesh Babu Boddu.
25) What state cabinet approved 'One-Stop Shop' Scheme to track investment quickly?
26) The Secretariat of the Rajya Sabha has initiated an Employee Welfare Scheme on behalf of the Union Minister?
Ans:- Arun Jaitley.
27) Which State Government has included the transgender community under the Yojana(MBPY) Madhu Babu Pension?
28) Which state agreed on reopening schools on September 5, 2020?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh.
29) Which country has recently approved Dexamethasone as a second COVID-19 treatment?
30) Who will win the Toonz Media Group's 'Legend of Animation' award as part of the 2020 Animation Masters Summit (AMS) - Digital Edition?
Ans:- Arnab Chaudhuri.
31) How many districts should Release Vriksharopan Abhiyan?
32) Which actor launched the Pravasi Rojgar app?
Ans:- Sonu Sood.
33) Who will win the Toonz Media Group's 'Legend of Animation' award as part of the 2020 Animation Masters Summit (AMS) - Digital Edition?
Ans:- Arnab Chaudhuri.
34) Who has been awarded the Gulbenkian Humanities Prize?
Ans:- Greta Thunberg.
35) As per the report of Nomura Holdings, Inc, a Japanese brokerage firm, India's Gross domestic Product(GDP) is likely to contract by how much percent?
36) The Punjab government has signed an MoU with which IIT in Chandigarh for Skill Development?
Ans:- IIT Ropar.
37) Who will be appointed as Bajaj Finance's non-.executive chairman?
Ans:- Sanjiv Bajaj.
38) Who has been named Chair of the National Financial Reporting Authority's (NFRA) Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)?
Ans:- R. Narayanaswamy.
39) Who had become the first woman to lead an IT company listed in India?
Ans:- Roshni Nadar Malhotra.
40) FamPay launched India's first numberless card with which bank?
41) Who has been named as SBI General Insurance Company Limited's Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)?
Ans:- Prakash Chandra Kandpal.
42) India would have around 60 per cent of the electricity generation capacity from renewable resources deployed by next year?
43) Who became the world's fifth-richest man with an estimated USD 75 billion in wealth?
Ans:- Mukesh Ambani.
44) Which payment bank has partnered with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to train and empower young people in rural India?
Ans:- Airtel Payments Bank.
45) Which nation league has been the first to join the World Leagues Forum in South Asia and the 7th in Asia?
46) Indian Railways plans to brand all wagons with radio frequency identification tags (RFID) by the end of the year?
47) Which bank launched 'Insta Click Savings Account,' a self-assisted online savings account with 100 percent paperless digital?
Ans:- Bank of Baroda.
48) Who was named to the BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry as honorary advisor for the term 2020 to 2030?
Ans:- Sahil Seth.
49) Who launched www.restartindia.com, a mentoring platform?
Ans:- Nitin Jairam Gadkari.
50) That company in collaboration with Bengaluru-based startup Acko General Insurance has launched vehicle insurance?
Ans:- Amazon Pay.
51) Who wrote the book "The Endgame"?
Ans:- S Hussain Zaidi.
52) Annually, on which date is observed Pi approximation day?
Ans:- July 22.
53) Who has been appointed as Indian Overseas Bank 's new Managing Director?
Ans:- Parth Pratim Sengupta.
54) The Maternal Mortality Ratio ( MMR) in India has declined to which figure according to the "Special Bulletin on Maternal Mortality in India 2016-18"?
55) ICICI Lombard in collaboration with which business Hospital Daily Cash Value has been launched?
56) Who is heading the committee to recommend steps to ensure more students study in India?
Ans:- D.P. Shing.
57) The Defense Procurement Council has granted Armed Forces special financial power to make emergency acquisitions of military arms of how much value?
Ans:- Rs.300 crores.
58) Who has won the Hungarian Formula-1 Grand Prix 2020 at Mogyorod, Hungaroring?
Ans:- Lewis Hamilton.
59) According to the United Nations Environment Program ( UNEP) Cooling Emissions and Policy Synthesis Survey, up to what amount of carbon dioxide equivalent will the world prevent greenhouse gas emissions in the next four decades?
Ans:- 210-460 gigatonnes.
60) India is constructing the first electrified rail tunnel of the world in which province, one kilometer long?
61) The ratio of all scheduled commercial banks (SCBs) to gross non-performing assets (GNPA) will rise from 8.5 per cent in March 2020 to what level by March 2021?
62) Reserve Bank of India ( RBI) has agreed to a currency swap facility of US$ 400 million for which country?
63) In which state / UT has macadamisation system been launched?
64) Which state/UT has launched the portal named as "Rozgar Bazar", a sort of marketplace for job seekers and the people recruiters?
65) According to the latest study from TERI, in India the demand for electricity will be reduced by 7 to 17 percent due to covid-19 by which year?
66) According to the Central Water Commission, how much water do reservoirs have when compared with 2019?
Ans:- 155% more.
67) Kargil Vijay Diwas is observed on which date?
Ans:- 26th July.
68) Which state / UT has issued the Saffron Registration Certificate for Geographical Indication (GI)?
69) India's Cotton Corporation is setting up its own warehouse to raise cotton exports in what country?
70) The first Rafael Jets batch flew out on 27 July 2020 to enter India from which country?