Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 8-14 August 2019
1) Who has been conferred with Karthik Bose Lifetime Achievement award.
Ans:- Arun Lal
2) After the quashing of article 370 and 35A, how many states will be there in India now?
3) Pakistan has Permanently Stopped with which train’s service to India?
Ans:- Samjhauta Express
4) Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill 2019 provides _________ reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) among the general category.
5) Which space agency has discovered first nearby super-earth planet GJ357d?
6) Which state government has launched Mission Shakti sports initiative?
7) Who will be awarded with Vir Chakra in 2019?
Ans:- Wing Commander Abhinandan Vardhaman
8) Naaz Joshi wins Miss World Diversity, she belongs to which country?
9) Who is the present Governor of J&K?
Ans:- Satya Pal Malik
10) Who has been named as the new director of ONGC?
Ans:- Rajesh Kumar Srivastava
11) How many UT will be in India once the articles 370 an 35A are completely are completely revoked?
12) Footballer Gabriel Jesus recently received a two-month international ban. He plays for which country?
13) Currently, The USA has designated which countries as "Currency Manipulator"?
14) The first product to have GI (Geographical Indication) Tag in India?
Ans:- Darjeeling Tea
15) Which institutions invented a way to detect bacteria without lab test?
16) Which Country is the largest Trade partner of India?
17) Which veteran leader of The BJP passed away recently, who was became senior advocate in supreme court at the age of 34?
Ans:- Sushma Swaraj
18) Nobel laureate Toni Morrison has passed away. She was from which country?
Ans:- United States
19) Which Bollywood star has been felicitated with 'Excellence in Cinema' honour a Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IIFM) 2019?
Ans:- Shahrukh Khan
20) The researchers at which IIT have developed portable device to detect bacteria without cell culture or microbiological assays?
Ans:- IIT Guwahati
21) Who won the Bharat Ratna the country's highest civilian award 2019?
Ans:- Pranab Mukherjee
22) Which of the following athletes has topped the Forbes list of 'Highest paid female athletes' of 2019?
Ans:- Serena Williams
23) Which state government has launched a new higher education model "RACE"?
24) Which Company is the largest software exporter from India?
25) What is the theme of the 2019 edition of 22nd National Conference on e-Governance?
Ans:- Digital India: Success to Excellence
26) Which actors got best actor award in National Film Awards 2019?
Ans:- Ayushmann Khuranna and Vicky Kaushal
27) How many times Sushma Swaraj have been elected as a Member of Parliament?
28) World Archery suspended the Archery Association of which countries?
29) Which film won Best Hindi Film award in the 66th National Film award?
30) Who won the Best Director award at the 66th National Film Awards?
Ans:- Badhai Ho
18) Which movie got the award of Best Feature Film in National Film Awards 2019?
31) Name the book based on M. Venkaiah Naidu’s two years as Vice President of India.
Ans:- Listening, Learning and Leading
32) PM Modi vs Wild episode with Bear Grylls was telecasted on ?
Ans:- August 12th
33) What is the name of the father of ISRO, on whose 100th birthday, Google has dedicated a doodle?
Ans:- Vikram Sarabhai
34) What was the theme of International Youth Day 2019?
Ans:- Transforming Education
35) Who won the National Film Award 2019 for Best Actress?
Ans:- Keerthy Suresh
36) World Elephant day celebrated on
Ans:- 12th August
37) Who is the Chief Minister of Manipur?
Ans:- N. Biren Singh
38) Who won gold medal in 65kg men's freestyle competition at Tbilisi Grand Prix 2019?
Ans:- Bajrang Punia
39) Which company launches its own operating system HarmonyOS?
40) Alejandro Giammattei has been elected as new president of;
41) Who is the author of the book Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar?
Ans:- Satyarth Nayak
42) Which country's women's cricket team created world record for most consecutive wins?
43) Vinesh Phogat won __________ in final of Medved event 2019.