Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 01st-07th August 2019
1) J Jerlin Anika has bagged 4 medals at 2nd World Deaf Youth Badminton Championships 2019. She is from which Indian state?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
2) Which sport is added for the first time to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games?
Ans:- Table Tennis Mixed Doubles
3) Which city has named the world's best city for students according to QS Best Student Cities Ranking?
4) Who has been appointed the new Finance Secretary of India?
Ans:- Rajiv Kumar
5) Recently, Lalji Tandon was sworn in as the Governor of which state?
Ans:- Madhya Pradesh
6) Name the Indian cricketer who has honoured with Bharat Gaurav Award by East Bengal club.
Ans:- Kapil Dev
7) Who was sworn in as the 18th Governor of Tripura?
Ans:- Ramesh Bais
8) Who becomes first cricketer to reach 1000 runs, 100 wickets in T20?
Ans:- Ellyse Perry
9) Name the freedom fighter whose birth anniversary celebrates on 2nd of August.
Ans:- Pingali Venkayya
10) Which state government has launched an awareness campaign 'Save Green, Stay Clean'?
Ans:- West Bengal
11) Who has honoured with the Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2019?
Ans:- Ruhan Rajput
12) Who is the CEO of food supply chain "ZOMATO"?
Ans:- Deepinder Goyal
13) Which is the largest automobile manufacturing company in the world in the year 2019?
14) Who was the founder of CCD(Cafe Coffee Day)?
Ans:- VG Siddhartha
15) Who sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka?
Ans;- B. S. Yeddyurappa
16) Who is the Indian Journalist who has been selected for the Ramon Magsaysay Award 2019.
Ans:- Ravish Kumar
17) Who is the Indian origin doctor who was crowned Miss England 2019.
Ans:- Bhasha Mukherjee
18) RBI allows recently which bank to offer regular banking services in India?
Ans:- Bank of China
19) Who has been appointed as the new Director General (DG) of Border Security Force (BSF)?
Ans:- V.K. Johri
20) The CM of this state launched Vhali Dikri Yojna for the welfare of the girl child.
21) Which Indian Personality has honoured with the highest award of Republic of Guinea?
Ans:- Ram Nath Kovind
22) Which city is hosting the 52nd ASEAN Foreign Ministers' meeting?
23) Name the super earth located about 31 light-years away, which was discovered by NASA's Translating Exoplanets Survey Satellite (TESS).
Ans:- GJ 357 d
24) Which mobile app launched by Minister for Earth Science, Science and Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan to help farmers.
25) Which swimmer recently broke the record of Michael Phelps in 200m butterly stroke?
Ans;- Kristof Milak
26) Who has appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Cyprus?
Ans:- Madhumita Hazarika Bhagat
27) Which state assembly passes bills against honour killings and Mob Lynching?
28) Which telecom company has decided to to shut down 3G network across India by March 2020?
29) Padma Shri award winner and educationist Rajalakshmi Parthasarathy passed away. She belongs to the state of;
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
30) Name the company which tops in the Euromonitor's 2019 list of India's top retailers.
31) Name of the former External Affairs Minister and first women Chief Minister of Delhi who passed away recently?
Ans:- Sushma Swaraj
32) India’s first 3-D smart Traffic Signal “Intelights” was launched in which city?
33) Pathamadai Silk Mat has recently granted a GI tag. It belongs to which state?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
34) Name the Bollywood actor to be felicitated with 'Excellence in Cinema' award by Victorian Government.
Ans:- Shahrukh Khan
35) When is the World Wide Web Day celebrated?
Ans:- 1st August
36) ISRO has decided to setup Space Situational Awareness Control Centre in __________
37) Bangladesh signs uranium supply deal with __________.
38) Who has crowned the ATP Washington Open title?
Ans:- Nick Kyrgios
39) Under whose chairmanship UGC's 542nd meeting was organized recently?
Ans:- N Gopalaswami
40) Which company has acquired majority stake of Google-backed firm -Fynd?
Ans:- Reliance Industries