Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 01st-7th January 2020
1) Which city is to organize Hero Indian Women's League?
2) What is the new name of Pragati Maidan metro station?
Ans:- Supreme Court Metro Station
3) Who has been retained as the Chairman of Railway Board for a period of one year?
Ans:- V.K Yadav
4) Who took charge as new Army Chief?
Ans:- Manoj Mukund Naravane
5) Railway Protection Force has been renamed as which service?
Ans:- Indian Railway Protection Force Service
6) Fausta, which recently died in Tanzania was the world's oldest?
7) Who is to become the first F1 champion to compete in Dakar Rally?
Ans:- Fernando Alonso
8) Who was sworn in as the new deputy CM of Maharashtra?
Ans:- Ajit Pawar
9) Which state's Chief Minister has recently launched torch relay of Khelo India Youth Games 2020?
10) What is India's rank in the Sustainable Development Goals Index 2019-20?
11) Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary is celebrated on which date?
Ans:- 2nd January
12) What is Mirabai Chanu's rank in the Olympics qualifiers ranking list?
13) Which state has recently launched a mobile application called "Disha"?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
14) Which country recorded highest number of babies born globally on New Year's Day?
15) ISRO is to set up second launch port in which district?
Ans:- Thoothukodi district in Tamilnadu
16) Which Country has launched a new Alzheimer's drug treatment?
17) Which country has become the world's first country to ban sun cream?
18) Who recently took charge as SEBI Executive Director?
Ans:- Babita Rayudu
19) What is Indian Railways' newly launched one integrated Helpline number?
20) Who has been picked as captain of ESPN Cricinfo's ODI and Twenty20 teams of the decade?
Ans:- MS Dhoni
21) World Health Organization (WHO) has designated 2020 as the year of :
Ans:- The Nurse and the Midwife
22) Whose tenure has been extended as BSF IG?
Ans:- Abhinav Kumar
23) How many hospitals have been de-empanelled under Ayushman Bharat Scheme?
24) World Braille Day is observed on which date?
Ans:- 4th January
25) Which edition of the Indian Science Congress was recently inaugurated in Bengaluru?
26) The second tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has recently been unveiled at which city?
27) Who became the first Indian table tennis player to be ranked World No. 1 in the under-21 category?
Ans:- Manav Thakkar
28) Which Indian all-rounder has recently retired from all forms of cricket?
Ans:- Irfan Pathan
29) What is the theme of the 28th edition of New Delhi World Book Fair 2020?
Ans:- Gandhi: The Writers' Writer.
30) Who recently became only the fourth batsman to hit six sixes in an over in T20 cricket?
Ans:- Leo Carter
31) What is the theme of 107th Indian Science Congress?
Ans:- Science and Technology: Rural Development
32) Malavath Poorna recently climed which Mountain?
Ans:- Mt. Vinson Massif
33) Hameed Khan, who recently passed away at 67 was a famous person of which field?
34) Turtle rehabilitation Centre is to be set up in which state in Jan. 2020?
35) Which company will buy 75% stake in Krishnapatnam Port?
Ans:- Adani Group
36) Bhim Chandra Jana was a freedom fighter who recently died at 107. He belonged to which state?
Ans:- West Bengal
37) Who has designed the world's 2nd tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel?
Ans:- Ram V. Sutar
38) Who won the best Actor award in a Motion Picture - Drama at the Golden Globes 2020?
Ans:- Joaquin Phoenix
39) Who has been appointed as an advisor to the Lt Governor of J&K?
Ans:- Rajib Rai Bhatnagar
40) Which country is the host of the ATP Cup 2020?
41) Which film won the Best Motion Picture - Drama award at the Golden Globes 2020?