Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 15-21 January, 2021
1) Which company signed an MOU with LSC to create the logistic cell centre of excellence?
2) NSO predicted how many percent of India's GDP will contract in 2020-21?
Ans:- 7.7 %
3) The J&K Amendment Ordinance 2021 was promulgated by the government to combine the J&K cadre officer with which cadre?
Ans:- Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Goa.
4) What trust has Rs 201.58 cr allocated for the installation of the PSA oxygen plants?
Ans:- PM CARES Fund Trust
5) Which of the following UNSC India Committee has been appointed to chair?
Ans:- The India will be chairing 3 key subsidiary bodies of UN Security Council during Indian UNSC -Taliban sanctions committee, Counter Terrorism committee, Libya sanctions committee.
6) What state began checking the 'Krishi Sanjeevani vans' for soil and water?
7) Which bank will, with the support of IIT Kanpur, set up the Fintech Innovation Center (FIC) on its campus?
Ans:- The Punjab National Bank
8) Who was named as the AIFF's 1st Deputy General Secretary?
Ans:- Abhishek Yadav
9) What state chief minister launched the welfare schemes and dedicated the girl's child to January?
10) What space agency has the Small Satellite Launch Vehicle scheduled to launch in March 2021?
11) What one has signed a memorandum of understanding with the NHPC to hand over renewable energy projects?
Ans:- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA)
12) Who has been named as the Asia Pacific head of Google Cloud?
Ans:- Karan Bajwa
13) Which state government, on 6 January, celebrated the Marathi journalist's day?
14) The central government has approved new NH projects worth Rs 5,801 cr for which state?
15) The Caracal has recently been added to the list of Critically Endangered Species. In which state is it found?
Ans:- Rajasthan & Gujarat
16) Which person of Indian origin was named as the first US Army CIO?
Ans:- Dr. Raj lyer
17) Who is the author of the 'Right Under Your Nose' book?
Ans:- R. Giridharan
18) What state / UT has launched the Satark Nagrik mobile app?
Ans:- Jammu & Kashmir
19) Recently, Arup Kumar Goswami was sworn in as Chief Justice by which High Court?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh HC
20) What district has topped the list of the Niti Aayog ranked aspiring districts?
21) What state government has announced a series of welfare systems, including girls' free sanitary pads?
22) In which state was Justice RS Chauhan sworn in as the CJ?
Ans:- Uttarakhand HC
23) What organisation around the country has adopted 100 Atal Tinkering Labs?
Ans:- The Indian Space Research Organization
24) In order to provide its technological expertise for the production of renewable energy projects, IREDA has signed an MoU with which company?
25) What state government has established a controlled area for the entire state?
26) Madhavsinh Solanki, the former Foreign Minister, has passed away. What state was he the former chief minister of?
27) Which state has announced that it will launch the first Solar Electric RORO service in the country?
28) What nation should preside over the Taliban and Libya Sanctions Committees and the UNSC Counter-Terrorism Committee?
29) Who has launched the Digital Calendar and Diary for 2021 mobile application?
Ans:- Prakash Javadekar
30) Was the first direct flight from Kalaburagi to Tirupati flagged off between the two states?
Ans:- Karnataka- Andhra Pradesh
31) A committee for the preservation of the language, land and culture of Ladakh has recently been set up by the Government of India. Who is the committee's head?
Ans:- G Kishan Reddy
32) The Freight Market Growth Portal has been launched by which ministry?
Ans:- Ministry of Railways
33) Who has taken over as India Post Payment Bank's MD and CEO?
Ans:- J. Venkatramu
34) Synchronized to Grid, the Kakrapar Nuclear Plant is located in what state?
35) An advanced eco-friendly and non-toxic paint has been introduced by Nitin Gadkari. What is the painting's name?
Ans:- Khadi Prakritik Paint
36) In the Digital Evolution Scorecard 2020, where did India rank?
37) The 2nd edition of the exercise SEA VIGIL 21 is organised by which force?
38) Union Home Minister launched Which Ministry's Single Window Clearance Portal?
Ans:- Ministry of Coal
39) What state has become the third country to successfully introduce urban government reforms?
40) What state has started a free bus service under the Brahman Sarathi scheme for women and senior citizens?
41) In which state did the Geological Survey of India find promising concentrations of Vanadium?
Ans:- Arunachal Pradesh
42) Who is the author of the book 'Gazing Eastwards: Of China's Buddhist Monks and Revolutionaries, 1957'?
Ans:- Romila Thapar
43) Who has been appointed to the Guwahati High Court as the current Chief Justice?
Ans:- Sudhanshu Dhulia
44) Who is the author of the book entitled 'Unscripted: Life and Cinema Conversation'?
Ans:- Abhijit Joshi and Vidhu Vinod Chopra.
45) Who dedicated the new 'Sagar Anveshika' coastal research vehicle at the port of Chennai to the nation?
Ans:- Harsh Vardhan
46) Rs.37.8 cr has been approved by the Government of India for creating the 'Parashuram Kund' in which state?
Ans:- Arunachal Pradesh
47) The year 2021 has been marked as a Swami Vivekananda anniversary?
48) Which Indian batsman became the world's first player to hit 100 sixes against Australia in all formats?
Ans:- Rohit Sharma
49) What state has bagged the 1st prize for its successful energy conservation in the category of state-designated agencies?
50) Who has been named as the head of the COVID-19 vaccine administration committee?
Ans:- RS Sharma
51) How much of India's GDP has the UBS projected for FY22?
Ans:- 11.5 %
52) An expert panel was created by the IRDAI to analyse the availability of health insurance products in the country. Who is this committee's head?
Ans:- Subhash Chandra Khuntia
53) In which state did India discover the reserves of lithium?
54) To stop the increasing fraud in the industry, RBI has formed a working group to review digital lending operations. Who is the committee's head?
Ans:- Jayant Kumar Dash
55) Name the PM Modi coffee table book that was released on the occasion of the 2021 PBD?
Ans:- Modi India Calling -2021
56) Who is the author of the book titled "Making of a General - A Himalayan Echo"?
Ans:- Konsam Himalay Singh
57) What state administration has agreed to waive the tax on entertainment?
58) What company has partnered with NSIC for MSMEs' digital transformation?
59) What bank's licence was cancelled by the RBI?
Ans:- Vasantdada Nagari Sahakari Bank
60) What was the theme of the 2021 Festival of National Youth?
Ans:- YUVAAH - Utsah Naye Bharat Ka
61) On which date is the Armed Forces Veterans Day celebrated?
Ans:- 14 January
62) What state government decided to establish the Pipli as a HUB for tourism?
63) What state government has declared that it will provide students with 2GB of free data every day?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
64) In which city has Tesla registered its Indian subsidiary for electric vehicles?
65) What Indian organisation is running a training programme for school children called 'Yuvika'?
Ans:- Indian Space Research Organization
66) The 'Jal Jeevan Project' is the Union Government's flagship programme which aims to provide each rural household with tap water connections by which year?
67) Which campus of AIIMS was awarded the Kayakalp Award?
Ans:- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
68) In the Hurun Global 500 survey, how many Indian companies were included?
69) What version has been conducted by the Navy of India of the Indian coastal defence exercise 'Sea Vigil - 21'?
70) Who is the author of the book 'The Myth of Population: Islam, Family Planning and Indian Politics'?
Ans:- SY Qureshi
71) In which state was the Hubbali to Dharwad Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) project recently inaugurated?
72) What state has waived the examination fees for students who are registered?
73) Which government has agreed to build the beaches of Chandrabhaga and Talsari?
74) What state for Bamboo Entrepreneurship & Infrastructure Growth has signed an MoU with NECBDC?
Ans:- Jammu & Kashmir
75) What state government has declared that it will provide farmers with financial assistance to keep stray cattle in their homes?
Ans:- Uttar Pradesh
76) In which state was India's first 'Fire Park' inaugurated?
77) Which state government, on 15 January 2021, celebrated 'Thiruvalluvar Day'?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
78) From which date will the Current International Trade Policy 2021-26 enter into force?
Ans:- April 1st
79) As its Chief Information Officer, which company has named Pradipt Kapoor?
Ans:- Bharti Airtel