Important Weekly Current Affairs Quiz from 1st-7th January, 2021
1) In which state was India's first Lithium Refinery established?
2) What business in the public sector won the 2020 Best Company Supporting Sports Awards?
Ans:- Air Force Sports Control Board
3) Who was elected as the Chairman of the Selection Committee by the BCCI?
Ans:- Chetan Sharma
4) In which HC was eSewa Kendra inaugurated by CJI Sharad Arvind Bobde?
5) What company has joined forces with Covaxx to combat Covid-19, India and UNICEF for the coronavirus vaccine?
Ans:- Aurobindo Pharma
6) Under which mission did India send flood assistance to Vietnam?
Ans:- Mission Sagar-III
7) What is the theme of the 2020 International Festival of Science in India?
Ans:- Science for Self Reliant India and Global Welfare
8) Which mobile application was launched by Thaawarchand Gehlot, the Union Minister?
Ans:- Swachhata Abhiyan
9) Which company has joined forces with the Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship to provide students at industrial training institutions with digital learning content?
Ans:- Microsoft and NASSCOM
10) The government has agreed to extend until what date the suspension of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC)?
Ans:- March 31, 2021
11) Who is the author of the 'In Search of Justice: An Autobiography' book?
Ans:- Rajindar Sachar
12) Narendra Modi, Prime Minister, has flagged off the 100th Kisan Rail (farmers' train) between which state will play?
Ans:- Maharashtra and West Bengal
13) Who received the ICC Male Cricketer of Decade Award with the Sir Garfield Sobers Award?
Ans:- Virat Kohli
14) In which city did Arya Rajendran become India's youngest Mayor?
15) What bank overtook the BFSI Firm Repot?
Ans:- HDFC Bank
16) Which Department has introduced a 'Jhatpat Processing' initiative?
Ans:- Income Tax Department
8) What government has coordinated the 'Wear the Mask' campaign?
17) On which date is the Day of Holy Innocents observed?
Ans:- 28th December
18) Who is Odisha's current Chief Secretary?
Ans:- Suresh Chandra Mahapatra
19) Where did India rank in the list of countries with the most AI publications from 2015-2019?
20) Which application & web portal has been launched for the management of all Gol Estate Services by MoHUA, Hardeep Singh Puri?
21) To extend coverage to all residents of which state, Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT has been launched?
Ans:- Jammu and Kashmir
22) In the 15th CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2020, which company won the Excellence Award in CSR Domain?
23) The Freedom of Religion Bill 2020 was approved by which state cabinet?
Ans:- Madhya Pradesh
24) What state has become the country's 6th state to successfully introduce the "Ease of Doing Business" reform?
25) Which State government has initiated the 'Nine Jewels - Housing for All the Poor' scheme?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
26) In which state has India's first pollinator park been inaugurated?
27) On which date is the 1st International Day of Disease Preparedness celebrated?
Ans:- 27 December 2020
28) India's first Autonomous Navigation Systems Test Bed has been set up in which institute?
Ans:- IIT Hyderabad
29) In which state was a new species of Wild Sun Rose discovered, Portulaca laljii?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
30) Which Bank has introduced the Digital Lending Platform to make it possible to digitally access loans?
Ans:- Bank of Baroda
31) Who has won the scientist of the Year Award 2018?
Ans:- Hemant Kumar Pandey
32) Which state government borrowed Rs 2,731 cr more after market reform was easier to do?
33) In which tiger reserve has India's 1st hot air balloon safari been launched?
Ans:- Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
34) In which state has the new section of Bhaupur-Khurja been inaugurated?
Ans:- Uttar Pradesh
35) Who received this decade's ICC Spirit of Cricket Award?
Ans:- M S Dhoni
36) Who is the author of the 'Sutranivednachi sutra- ek anbav' book?
Ans:- Dr Roopa Chari
37) In the 12th edition of the 2021 World Economic League Table, where was India ranked?
38) In Which year did India become the world's fifth-largest economy?
39) Which Organisation permits the transfer of assets by banking units by participation agreements?
40) Who has his name etched on the MCG Board of Honours?
Ans:- Ajinkya Rahane
41) What state government took punitive action against owners of cast sticker vehicles?
Ans:- Uttar Pradesh
42) Which Bank has enforced its Positive Pay Scheme to secure payment by cheque?
Ans:- SBI Bank
9) Who is the author of the book 'Quantitative Genetics Elements: A Conceptual Approach'?
Ans:- Dr. Stuti Sharma
43) How much was India responsible in 2019 for total FDI inflows to the South and South-West Asian subregion?
44) Which mobile application for downloading the Unique Medical Identification Card was launched by the Indian Railway?
45) Who went on to win the 2020 Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize?
Ans:- Amit Ahuja & Jairam Ramesh both.
46) Which Missile System has the Cabinet approved the export of?
47) How many states have obtained a vaccine for the Dry Run Coronavirus?
18) What is the social justice 2020 theme for MTMA?
Ans:- Celebrating Compassion in Times of Covid
49) Which state won the 2020 Digital India Awards in the pandemic category?
50) Who has the Quantum Random Number Generator developed?
51) On 1 January 2021, which organisation celebrated its 63rd Foundation Day?
Ans:- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
52) Who took over the role of President of the Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)?
Ans:- Soma Mondal
53) Which department won the award for gold symbol, excellence in the ministry of digital governance?
Ans:- Department of Posts
54) Which one has signed a contract to supply 10 Lynx U2 Fire Control systems with the MoD?
55) Who received the 2020 IET Eminent Engineer Award?
Ans:- Vinod Kumar Yadav
56) Raghavendra Singh Chauhan was appointed as the High Court Chief Justice of which state?
57) The Ministry of Tourism has initiated the 'Adopt a Heritage' scheme in conjunction with which Union Ministry?
Ans:- Ministry of Culture
58) Which State-owned Apta Completion Portal received the pandemic Silver Icon Award for Innovation?
59) Who was honoured with the 2020 Raja Mansingh Tomar award?
Ans:- Abhinav Kala Parishad
60) 21-year-old Reshma Mariam Roy, whose state has become the youngest president of the Panchayat?
61) Who has recently become Asia's richest person?
62) Who successfully carried out the maiden trial of the first SAHAYAK-NG indigenous Air Droppable container?
Ans:- DRDO along with the Indian Navy.
63) Which State is on the verge of bringing about a thorough health sector transformation?
64) The state deployed two helicopters in the Dzukou Valley to combat wildfires?
65) The remission of duties and taxes on the System for Exported Goods will take place on what date?
Ans:- 1 January 2021
66) What butterfly trackers help raise the mystery surrounding rare butterflies in the mountains?
67) In December 2020, which state reported an 8 percent growth in GST revenue?
68) In the midst of the Slew of New Steps, which state government has declared a green rebate for eco-friendly homes?
69) In the MOD, the government formed a new DMA. Who is the head of the DMA?
Ans:- Bipin Rawat
70) What state has Kisan Fasal Rahat Yojna launched?
71) What Union Territory has won the award for 'Best Performing Union Territory for PMAY Implementation in India?
72) Who has published the 2019-2020 Study on the Trend and Growth of Banking in India?
Ans:- Reserve Bank of India
73) What number of states did the resolution against farm law cross in Kerala?
74) What Indian missile has earned cabinet clearance for export?
75) For which countries has India introduced Flash Flood Guidance services?
Ans:- Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
76) As of December 2020, which bank has released Electoral Bonds?
Ans:- The State Bank of India